We are hiring for a part-time Heart Gallery Coordinator in the Corpus Christi/Laredo area and the Rio Grande Valley area. Must live in either of those locations to apply and must be okay with occasional travel.
Heart Gallery of South Texas Coordinator Corpus Christi/Laredo & Rio Grande Valley
Reports to: Heart Gallery of South Texas Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Position Status: 25 hours a week with some evenings and events; work remote, some travel within South Texas
Position Overview & Basic Function:
Foster Angels of South Texas is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children in foster care. We are committed to ensuring children in care have their basic needs met and whenever possible provide life enhancing opportunities to help create a sense of normalcy. The Heart Gallery of South Texas, a program of Foster Angels of South Texas is an initiative that will expand adoption efforts statewide to generate better outcomes for the toughest cases, finding homes for teens, sibling groups and medically fragile children. The Heart Gallery is a community engagement initiative that uses professional portraits displayed at various locations in the community to connect families interested in adoption with children in foster care.
- Assist the Director in maintaining and growing the initiatives of the Heart Gallery of South Texas in Corpus Christi and Laredo area.
- Educate the community of adoption opportunities of children awaiting forever homes
- Establish and maintain permanent galleries in the Corpus Christi and Laredo areas
- Establish and maintain traveling galleries in the Corpus Christi and Laredo areas
- Identifying new program partners and stewarding existing partnerships
- Coordinate and utilize a volunteer group of sponsors and community partners
- Manage and strengthen relationships with adoption unites from Child Protective Services
- Assist in providing content for social media, website, one pagers
- Work in partnership with the program team on additional projects
- Identify and implement best practices in program management to continuously improve program effectiveness
- Work with all Foster Angels Staff to help promote the mission of Foster Angels and the Heart Gallery of South
- Support Heart Gallery of South Texas Director with other projects deemed as necessary
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- An interest in and commitment to Foster Angel’s mission to help children in foster care
- Detail oriented with ability to multitask on various projects
- Strong interpersonal, verbal & written communications skills
- Ability to work independently while being a good team player
- Effective time management, able to meet deadlines & reliable
- Honest and trustworthy
- Strong problem-solving, priority-setting and decision-making skills
- Microsoft Office & Google Suite proficiency
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in foster care system, benefits and resources for underserved teens and medically fragile children
- Photography knowledge
- Attend key events during the year including some night and weekend work
- Travel to RGV and Laredo as needed for events monthly
- Background check; must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Ability to read, write and speak English and Spanish
- Have reliable way to attend online meetings with Heart Gallery of South Texas Director
To Apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter and 3 references to email@example.com. Please reference “Heart Gallery Coordinator Corpus Christi/Laredo INTEREST” in the Subject line. If you are applying for the Rio Grande Valley position, please reference “Heart Gallery Coordinator RGV INTEREST” Deadline to apply is November 30th.
Foster Angels of South Texas is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.