Did You Know?
20% of youth that age out of care will become instantly homeless and 50% will become homeless within three months of leaving the foster care system.
In Texas, youth that age out receive free college tuition and 70% state they would like to attend college yet only 2% will obtain a college degree.
70% of young women who age out will become pregnant before they are 21.
These are just a few of the challenges that are associated with young people aging out of foster care. The goal of the LifeSet is to help mitigate these outcomes by providing the following:
- Securing long-term stable housing
- Obtaining a driver’s license
- Buying a car through our Keys to Success Program
- Financial assistance for rent, car repairs, groceries, clothing, household items and more
- Mentor matching
- Scholarships for college
- Job & internship opportunities
- Tutoring & academic support
- Assistance to young parents
- Obtaining identification documents
- Financial assistance for educational expenses; computers, books, testing fees
- Someone to talk to
- Referrals to community resources
- Much more!
For more information about the LifeSet program please contact us.